On Rent My Caravan you will find some of the best holiday caravans in the UK and all our caravan owners have their own page with a booking calendar so it’s easy to rent a caravan direct from them.
But here are some simple guidelines for prospective holidaymakers to follow when booking a holiday no matter which caravan portal you use.
- If the price asked is excessively low in peak holiday periods ask why and check out the holiday park prices on the park’s dedicated website. When you rent a caravan direct from owner you can expect the rental price to be lower but not by hundreds of pounds, unless there is something very wrong.
- You can expect to pay anything between £50 and £100 deposit when you reserve the caravan. It’s unusual for a caravan owner to request more than that.
- Before you book, always get the caravan owner’s contact details including their home address and telephone number. Don’t pay any money until you have these.
- Reputable caravan owners will make your reservation on receipt of the deposit and state when the balance of the rental has to be paid. If a caravan owner asks for all of the money immediately ask why. Naturally if you are booking a last minute break this won’t apply but genuine owners will still provide a booking form before you part with any money.
- Read the Terms and Conditions fully on the booking form to ensure you are getting what you are paying for. If there is anything you don’t understand query it with the owner. Reputable caravan owners will be happy to answer any question you ask.
- If you have any doubts as to whether the person you are dealing with actually owns the caravan ask for the caravan holiday park phone number and the pitch number so that you can verify that they have the right to rent the caravan to you. If these details are not forthcoming, walk away.
- If you want to ensure that the caravan meets the standard you are looking for ask the caravan owner if there are any previous client testimonials and whether or not you are able to contact them to ask about their experience.
- If the caravan owner has a Facebook page or website, look for any comments or reviews.
Rent My Caravan is a reputable caravan portal dedicated to bringing private caravan owners and holidaymakers together but it’s always wise to take simple precautions when booking any accommodation, and when you rent a caravan it’s no different.