Have you noticed that food always tastes better when you have cooked it in a caravan or on a boat? It may be that because the doors are often left open when we are cooking it has something to do with the fresh air but whatever it is, it’s more likely that we will eat breakfast in a caravan even if we normally skip it at home.
Today’s modern caravans have the same type of kitchens that we have at home and when you rent a caravan you can expect it to be fully equipped with everything you need to cook a sumptuous meal. Not that many of us want to slave in the kitchen whilst we are on holiday but here are a couple of easy recipes that you can easily cook in a caravan with little effort:
Breakfast – Egg in Fried bread
You will need:
- 1 x French stick although any loaf will do provided you slice it thickly
- Olive Oil
- Sprinkle a little salt in the bottom of the frying pan (this will stop the oil burning)
- Add 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil and heat on a medium heat
- Slice the bread relatively thickly
- Remove some of the bread from the centre of the slice
- Place the bread in the frying pan
- Break an egg into the hole in the bread
- Cook until crispy and then carefully turn it over
If you like your eggs hard cook it for longer, but if not just a short while until the top of the egg is cooked. You will end up with fried bread with an egg inside – delicious!
Dinner – Spanish Roast
You will need:
- Chicken/pork/beef/lamb joint (whichever you prefer)
- Cheap white wine (quarter of a bottle)
- Olive Oil
- Carrots/parsnips/courgettes (all or any)
- 2 Beef or chicken stock cubes
- Rosemary (optional)
- Seasoning to taste
- Heat the oven to 170C (if fan-assisted 150C)
- Place the joint in the centre of a baking tin
- Peel the vegetables and lay them evenly around the joint
- Pour wine evenly over the vegetables
- Sprinkle seasoning/rosemary and stock cubes evenly over the top of the vegetables and meat
- Add hot water so that just the tops of the potatoes are above the water line
- Pour a little olive oil over each potato and over the meat.
- Place in the middle of the oven for approximately 1.5 hours
This roast is full of flavour and you can cook any green vegetables you would like separately to accompany it.
Keep an eye on our blog for more interesting recipes that you can easily cook in a static caravan and don’t forget to book your holiday early if you want to rent a caravan on a specific holiday park. The popular family parks are often fully booked for summer from very early on in the year. Save some money by booking
Save some money by booking directly with the owner on www.rentmycaravan.com.