Doubtless, we will all be eating lots of chocolate over Easter and since it is a short break you probably won’t want to be spending hours cooking on your Easter Caravan Holiday. It’s so easy to buy frozen ready meals or food that is already prepared but sometimes it is equally as easy and quick to make things. One of our Authors here at Rentmycaravan provided this delicious dessert that you can make in 15 minutes:
You will need:
300 grams of icing sugar
1 egg white
2 drops of vanilla essence (optional)
Vanilla ice cream (you can use any flavour ice cream you like)
Double or clotted cream
Strawberries (or any favourite fruit, fresh or canned)
Chocolate flakes / fruit syrup (optional)
Place the icing sugar and option drops of vanilla essence in a bowl
- Separate the egg white from the yoke (you can do this in one of two ways either by cracking the egg in half and dropping the yolk from one side of the egg to the other allowing the white to pour our; or place the entire egg on a plate, place a small glass over the yoke and then pour the white into the bowl)
- Pour the egg white onto the icing sugar and then knead the ingredients into dough. You should knead the dough for 10 minutes.
- Break pieces of the dough off (around the size of a gobstopper) and roll into a ball in your hands. You should be able to make at least 6 and possibly eight from the dough
- Place a piece of kitchen roll on a microwaveable plate (preferably a square plate)
In each corner of the plate place one dough ball
- Put the plate in the microwave and cook for two minutes (it’s important not to make the balls to big because they will expand to a huge size and possibly merge together). If you make an Eton Mess type dessert it won’t matter if they merge because you will be breaking up the meringues anyway.
- Take the plate out of the microwave and you will have perfect meringues.
- Leave them to cool while you prepare the fruit.
Place one meringue on a plate or in a dessert dish.
Mix the fruit with the cream and spoon over the meringue
Place a scoop of ice cream next to the meringue
Sprinkle with chocolate flakes or fruit syrup
This is a quick dessert that almost everybody loves and so quick to make on an Easter Caravan Holiday. Your Caravan friends will probably think you have spent hours on it whereas, in reality, you’ll not spend more than 15 -20 minutes. It’s up to you whether you tell them your secret!
Let us know how it tastes.